My Poetry

Dreams of America is best read in forward order, i.e., I, II, III ... Spelling is not checked is many of these posts so please forgive.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hospers, Iowa, United States

2/25/2007

The Depths of Love

Plu-wap! ap ap ap ap.
Plu-wap! ap ap ap ap.
Each drop echos non-stop op op op op
An unreal nightmare’s backdrop.

Clammy cold of the floor where I lay
Discretely, seeps deeply
Into this broken leg lying in disarray.
One misguided step to chasm’s wrath steeply.

Each fearful, tearful pleading cry
Invokes a thousand brethren in fading chorus.
Up is down in this bottomless black sky
My pleas absorbed by darkness porous.

Alone, I atone for ill-finished ways
And dream of her passionate heart.
A beautiful life for her I do pray,
Wishing we need not to part.

My last strength slips quietly past,
Head propped sideways on knee.
As sleep comes to me, finally, at last,
I’m blinded by light that I see.

“Wake up!”, Mary screams.
Unflinching she’s cinching the harness so tight.
Is this in my dreams?
Together again, we take angels flight.

by Rodney Alan Crater
Copyright ©2007 Rodney Alan Crater

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home